Amazing facts about American History:
Amber waves of grain, spacious skies, majestic mountains, all things that only exist in the United States, at least I think other countries don't have those things. Wait what am I saying, that's ridiculous, other countries don't matter - which is why we proudly present Bet you didn't know US History edition.
1. In 1830, the average American was consuming 1.7 bottles of hard liquor per week. Simpler times!!
2. During his presidency, John Quincy Adams enjoyed skinny-dipping in the Potomac River in the early mornings
John Quincy Adams Part Fish, Part Bear, all man.
3. The US tried to purchase Greenland for 100 million in 1946. That would be just over a billion dollars today, I guess they didn't think that land was worth that much green.
4. FDR had to borrow Al Capone's limousine in order to deliver a speech during WW2. Why? Because it was the only known bulletproof car at the time, spawning FDR's little known nickname, scarlessface.
5. Diarrhea was the leading cause of death among soldiers in the American Civil War. And soldiers had a code of honor against shooting at someone who was pooping. Wow I've never heard something that brings a tear to my eye and at the same time makes me a little nauseous.
6. The insignia of the 45th Infantry Division of the United States Army featured a swastika until 1939. One of Hitler's more egregious crimes, ruining the swastika for everyone.
7. Benjamin Franklin was an advocate of "air baths", during which he would spend up to an hour reading or writing in his house completely naked. Probably the best of Ben Franklin's inventions.
8. Abraham Lincoln was a pro wrestler. As a young man, he was only defeated once out of approximately 300 matches. He made it to the Wrestling Hall of Fame with the honor of "Outstanding American." But speculation is that most of these matches were faked, especially after Lincoln's famous Douglas is a little girl address before his last fight.